- School Information
- School Supply Lists
- School Uniforms
- COVID-19 Guidelines
- Important Dates
- Digital Resources
- Family Engagement
- Technology Forms
- Homebound Application
- Virtual Learning Option
- School Bus Information
- Voluntary Student Insurance
Use the school directory to visit your student's Tangipahoa Parish School website, and access important school contact information.
Focused on Opening Safely & Meeting the Needs of All Our Students.
View Back To School Plan
Click here to review a list of Bell Times for each Tangipahoa Parish School and stay informed of school start and end times.
Your students' continued health and well-being take priority. Access necessary forms in order to alert your students’ school to any existing health conditions such as asthma, allergies, diabetes, or physical disabilities.
Call or email the school to speak with your child’s teacher, counselor, or principal about issues concerning your child’s education. Questions that cannot be answered by your student’s teacher can be directed to the school principal. Contact Tangipahoa Parish School Systems with questions that cannot be addressed by your child's school.
Ask a general question Resolve a School-Related issue Contact a department supervisor
Locate your school, click the link to the supply list, and a pre-filled shopping cart will appear. You may choose to purchase the items immediately, or print a list to shop later. Remember to shop local and support our Tangipahoa Parish businesses.
- Amite Elementary Magnet School
- Amite Westside Middle Magnet School
- Champ Cooper Elementary School
- Chesbrough Elementary School
- D.C. Reeves Elementary School
- Greenville Park Leadership Academy
- Hammond Eastside Magnet School
- Hammond Westside Montessori School
- Independence Leadership Academy
- Independence Magnet School
- Jewel M. Sumner Middle School
- Kentwood High School
- Loranger Elementary School
- Loranger Middle School
- Lucille Nesom Memorial School
- Martha Vinyard Elementary School
- Midway Elementary School
- Natalbany Middle School
- O.W. Dillon Leadership Academy
- Perrin Early Learning Center
- Ponchatoula Junior High School
- Roseland Montessori School
- Southeastern Louisiana University Lab School
- Spring Creek Elementary School
- Tucker Elementary School
- Woodland Park Magnet School
It was brought to our attention that parents were having trouble finding school uniforms in local stores. We researched this and the results are attached for your information.
Last Updated: 7/16/2021
Thank you for choosing the Tangipahoa Parish School System for your child’s educational journey! We are excited about the upcoming school year and the privilege of educating your child or children. As per the Governor’s Order regarding COVID-19, the State is now under “Phase 3.” This allows schools to return to “normal” operations with the following guidelines:
- Students and staff are no longer required to wear face coverings within the school building or inside classrooms. However, the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospital recommends wearing a face covering if you have not been vaccinated.
- All passengers on public transportation, including school buses, are required to wear face coverings per President Biden’s Executive Order.
- Temperature checks are no longer required upon entering the school campus. Temperature checks will only occur if the school suspects the student may have fever. If it is determined that the student has a fever, the parent/guardian will be contacted to pick up the child. Students who have fever should remain at home until they are fever free for 24 hours.
- Staff and students are encouraged to social distance to the extent that is possible.
- Students, staff, and visitors are no longer required to wash and/or disinfect their hands upon arrival at school, however, frequent handwashing throughout the day will still be a priority.
- Touching your face, nose and eyes is a significant risk to the spread of any type of infection. Therefore, students, staff, and visitors should be reminded not to do so and to be sure to cover the nose with a tissue or use the inside of the elbow when coughing and/or sneezing.
- Buses and classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- We encourage our employees and students to get the COVID-19 vaccination. If an employee or student has been vaccinated and is exposed to the COVID-19 virus, quarantining will be required only if he/she has symptoms of the virus. TPSS will help ensure easy access to the COVID-19 vaccination by hosting free vaccination events at various locations throughout the parish prior to the start of school in August.
The TPSS is committed to excellence! This includes social-emotional learning, working to accelerate learning for all students, and expanding opportunities for students during and after the school day with a focus on STEM. Please keep in mind that our guidance is fluid and will be adjusted as necessary to align with federal and state guidelines throughout the school year.
See a comprehensive calendar of important dates related to your student’s academic school year. Updates will be made throughout the year to include important holidays, open houses, student testing dates.
To ensure our students have a great start to the 2021-22 school year, the first two days will be a “soft start.” These days will be used for distributing and/or updating students’ Chromebooks, sharing important school and district information with students and families, and will allow smaller class sizes for teachers to meet and assess students scheduled in their classes. The “Soft Start Schedule” for all grades is as follows:
Pre K & Kindergarten Dates to Report:
By August 11: Teachers will contact parents to schedule orientation meeting time.
August 12 & 13: Orientation meetings will be held.
August 17 & 18: PreK & K - Girls only attend.
August 19 & 20: PreK & K - Boys only attend.
August 23: All PreK & K students (boys & girls) attend.
1st - 8th Grade Dates to Report:
August 11: Students whose last name begins with A - K attend.
August 12: Students whose last name begins with L - Z attend.
August 13: All students attend.
9th - 12th Grade Dates to Report:
August 11: Seniors & Juniors attend.
August 12: Sophomores & Freshmen attend.
August 13: All students attend.
Download the document below to view Meet & Greet Dates, Orientation Dates, Open House Dates & ChromeBook distribution dates for your student's school.
Stay up-to-date with the latest information from Superintendent Melissa Stilley in a monthly newsletter. Click the link to subscribe to receive the newsletter via email.
Press the button below to learn how to opt in to receive text messages for updates from the Tangipahoa Parish School System with critical information and announcements.
Connect to your student’s classroom with the OnCourse Systems parent portal. Increase student engagement through this user-friendly platform which allows parents/guardians to find homework, view reports, and receive messages from teachers.
ClassLink is a single sign-on resource that allows students and teachers to access supplemental web and Windows applications that certain classes or schools may be using for extra practice, enrichment, or assignment management. Instead of having to remember individual login information for resources such as ClassDojo, OnCourse Systems, Komodo, Mathletics, or hundreds of other external educational apps, students and teachers only need one password to be able to access their accounts from any device.
We appreciate your partnership!
Tangischools values the roles in which families play to promote the education of their children. Your involvement makes all the difference!
Visit LA Public Broadcasting for a collection of resources for At-Home learning.
Families are eligible for discounted home internet through the Broadband Benefit Program.
The Louisiana Department of Education hosts a wealth of information for families aimed to increase student learning and achievement.
The Acceptable Use Policy and Device Agreement must be signed each year by students and parents/guardians. The optional insurance must be paid every year at the beginning of school. All of the insurance information is in the device agreement.
It is the policy of Tangipahoa Parish School Board to allow photographs and video footage of students to be used in district produced materials including but not limited to web sites, brochures, social media, posters, other printed materials, and news media. If you wish to opt-out of this policy on behalf of your student and not have their picture published for any reason, fill out this form and return it to your child's school.
WebQuery helps you determine the school(s) a student is eligible to attend and the available bus stops. WebQuery also provides a helpful street map. Just enter the student's information and click "Go."
TPSS Bus App
As part of our commitment to Start Strong this school year, we are bringing you new technologies such as the Edulog Parent Portal Lite app. This application will allow you to identify your student’s bus route, receive notifications for drop off and pick up times, and communicate with bus drivers in real time.