What is too sick for school?
Send Me To School If...
- I have a runny nose or just a little cough, but no other symptoms.
- I haven’t taken any fever reducing
medicine for 24 hours, and I haven’t had a fever during that time.
- I haven’t thrown up or had any diarrhea for 24 hours.
Keep Me Home If...
- I have a temperature higher than 100° even after taking medicine.
- I’m throwing up or have diarrhea.
- My eyes are pink and crusty.
Call the Doctor If...
- I have a temperature higher than 100° for more than two days.
- I’ve been throwing up or have diarrhea for more than two days.
- I’ve had the sniffles for more than a week & they aren’t getting better.
- I still have asthma symptoms after using my asthma medicine
Send an *excuse when your student returns to school so classwork can be made up. A parent note covers 1-2 days. A doctor’s note is required for three or more days. *All excuses must be submitted within 7 days of the student’s return to school.
You can read the TPSS Policy on Attendance, Excuses & Truancy in the Parish Handbook