The Parent Advisory Committee to the Superintendent (PACS) is comprised of parent representatives from each school.
They meet with the Superintendent and other district staff on a monthly or quarterly basis during the school year.
Committee members work together to:
• identify common needs and goals among the parents of students enrolled in Tangipahoa Parish Public Schools and facilitate strategies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their respective school’s parent organizations.
• provide the superintendent with feedback and insight from the parent’s perspective on school process, policies and initiatives to ensure that the needs of parents and their families are included as decisions are made in the district.
• bring to the superintendent’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents at the school they represent.
• serve as an advisory, not a decision-making body, that makes recommendations, encourages brainstorming and provides opportunities for parent involvement on committees and task forces.
• facilitate communication between and among the parents and parent organizations from different district schools and serve as a forum for sharing innovations and best practices from around the district.
How to be part of the Parent Advisory Committee to the Superintendent?
• In the subject line of email type: Parent Advisory Committee 2019-2020
• Include in the email your name, cell number, the school that your child attends, and a preferred meeting time.
• Our first meeting will be in September.
• Once we have you on our list, we will communicate specific details about our September meeting.
Thank you in advance for your interest in working with me to ensure our public school system reaches its full potential!
Melissa M. Stilley