Dear Nesom Parents and Community Members,
On behalf of the entire Lucille Nesom Memorial School faculty and staff, it is my pleasure to welcome everyone to the 2020-2021 school year. To those students and parents who are new to LNMS, we especially extend a warm welcome and best wishes for an exciting and productive academic experience at Nesom. We hope that all parents and community members become our supportive and active partners in education as we strive to provide all students with exceptional learning opportunities.
Our TPSS district’s theme this school year is “We Are Stronger Together.” Therefore, we will work diligently to promote a safe learning environment while still striving to maintain a nurturing school culture by implementing relevant instructional practices that engage, challenge, and inspire students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens (Nesom’s Mission).
To create a school year with normalcy and saftey procedures, we ask that parents assist with the following:
- Report to school daily or on your assigned day by 7:25 a.m. (late after 7:35 a.m.)
- Refraining from checking out after 2:00 p.m.
- Follow Campus Protocols and Expectations
- Temperature checks
- No outside visitors beyond the office
- Notifying the principal and/or nurse of illness as soon as possible
- Have appropriate uniform
- Tops: Hunter Green, White, Navy Blue
- Bottoms: Khaki, Navy Blue (shorts, pants, skirts -knee length)
- Having necessary items to keep your child safe
- hand sanitizer
- mask (3rd-8th grade)
- clear water bottle
- Complete assignments in a timely manner
- Adhere to deadlines and due dates
- Ask questions
- Notify the teacher if you are having difficulties
- Report to the campus when needed
As I begin my third year as Nesom’s principal, I will continue to work with parents, faculty and community members to foster an atmosphere that promotes a learning community characterized by student centered instruction, academic excellence, mutual respect, recognition for accomplishments, and parental involvement. Please know that I am committed to working in collaboration with you to ensure our students and faculty are safe as we press forward during uncertain times. By working together as a team, we will move forward in our school vision to equip students to be prepared for tomorrow's challenges. My faculty and I are looking forward to taking this new and exciting journey with all of you. Welcome to the Indian Tribe…#NesomStrong! Remember to follow us on Facebook and our webpage.
Samantha M. Austin, Ed.D.
Contact Information: (Office) 985-345-2166 (Email) Samantha.Austin@tangischools.org)
Like us on Facebook!