Charter School Application
Tangipahoa Parish School Board Charter School Application Process
for schools Opening in the 2024 - 2025 School Year or Beyond
In compliance with R.S. 17:3982, the Tangipahoa Parish School Board is making public through our website, and in printed form upon request, the guidelines for submitting a charter proposal, all forms required for submission of a charter proposal, the timelines established for accepting and reviewing charter proposals, the process that will be used to review charter proposals submitted to the board, and the name and contact information for a primary point of contact for charter proposals.
- Non-profit organization without prior experience and
- Do not intend to employ an Educational Service Provider (ESP) with prior experience.
- Nonprofit organizations whose founders and/or school leader have prior experience and/or
- Have one or more schools and/or
- Intend to employ an Educational Service Provider (ESP) with experience.
October 27, 2023: Charter applications are due to districts
January 19, 2024: Deadline to consider charter applications
February 1, 2024: Deadline to notify LDOE of local board recommendations
For additional information on starting a charter school or charter school-specific guidance, please visit the Charter School Library.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Dr. Lisa Fussell, Assistant Superintendent