Tangipahoa offers a Virtual Learning Option that provides a comfortable learning environment without losing the traditional benefits of our public school system.
Application Window April 1, 2023 - June 1, 2023
VIRTUAL LEARNING OPTION - APPLY NOW
Complete this form to apply for your child/children to become a virtual student for the 2023-2024 school year. Your children will not be accepted into the program unless approved and attend mandatory orientation. This application is only for new students coming to the virtual program.
What Is the TPSS Virtual Learning Option?
The TPSS Virtual Learning Option is a tuition-free, virtual learning option for public school students grades K-12. TPSS also provides all the tools necessary to get started at no extra cost. Any student enrolled in public school can participate in the arts, sports, select TOPS Tech, dual enrollment classes, as well as other programs.
Saves time because the program is already established within the district and allow parents to have a supportive role in their child's education rather than that of an educator.
Saves money because there’s no tuition, no supplemental material to purchase, no extra tutoring or support to pay for, and laptops/tech are provided by the district.
Saves stress because it allows for a relatively seamless transition to further education and offers flexibility for social and emotional growth for your child.
GET ALL THE BENEFITS OF THE LOCAL SCHOOL SYSTEM YOU SUPPORT, WHILE LEARNING FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME.
- Free tuition and all the tools needed to get started
- Dedicated staff focused on solely virtual students
- Live teaching lessons paired with 1-on-1 support as needed
- Students can still participate in clubs, dances, sports, and even select TOPS Tech and Dual Enrollment classes
TPSS VIRTUAL LEARNING OPTION ELiGIBILITY
- If your child was virtual last year, he/she must have successfully completed his/her courses in order to return as a virtual student
- You must be currently passing all classes to be eligible for the virtual option.
- Students must have completed the 2022 state assessments
- Students and parents must participate in a Virtual Learning Summer Orientation
- Any virtual student must agree to attend in person for any required state testing and any other required testing (Example: industry-based credential testing)
- If accepted, students will remain in the Virtual Learning Option for the year unless a student opts out at the end of the Fall 2022 semester.
High school students only – not all Jump Start pathways are available virtually. The virtual pathways include the Arts, AV Technology and Communication; Business Management; Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics; and Information Technology. Also, dual enrollment and advanced placement courses are limited to what is available through the Supplemental Course Academy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this homeschooling?
- How much does this online learning program cost?
- What if I don't have a computer?
- Since this is considered public school, will my child be able to participate in other school activities if they choose to learn at-home with the virtual learning option from TPSS?
- Will my child be in a classroom setting virtually with other students?
Is this homeschooling?
How much does this online learning program cost?
What if I don't have a computer?
Since this is considered public school, will my child be able to participate in other school activities if they choose to learn at-home with the virtual learning option from TPSS?
Will my child be in a classroom setting virtually with other students?
FINDING THE RIGHT FIT
As a family, a virtual learning option may better fit the needs of your children.
If you know that something has to change with your child's education, receiving instruction online may be a rewarding and constructive possibility.
Application Window opens April 1, 2023!
Technology Resources for Students
2022 - 2023 Resources
Fill out our form to reach out to our school. Someone will get back with you soon!
In The News
Be Respectful. Be Compassionate. Be Great.
The 2022-2023 Academic Calendar has been approved.
The well-being of each student is important to us!
Talk to us about enrolling now! Contact us at (985) 277-5303 or email@example.com for any other questions you may have.
Dr. Shannon Nickens
Virtual School Coordinator
cell: (985) 415-2410
office: (985) 277 - 5303
We look forward to hearing from you!