Dual Enrollment ProgramStudent Eligibility FrameworkSoutheastern Louisiana University, in partnership with local high schools, is pleased to offer qualified students an opportunity to enroll incollege courses while still attending high school. All courses are taught on the participating high school campus, by high school teachersthat have partnered with Southeastern Louisiana University faculty. Students earn both high school and college credit for the courses inthis program with grades appearing on both high school and college permanent transcripts. Dual Enrollment students are admitted toSoutheastern as visiting students and have access to Moodle, Gmail and the University Library (on-line). In order for students to enroll inDual Enrollment courses, they must meet the eligibility requirements below and complete a Dual Enrollment application. Please note thathigh school students can earn a maximum of 27 credits from Southeastern while participating in the Dual Enrollment Program.Criteria to Enroll in Southeastern Dual Enrollment Courses
- Be on track to complete the Louisiana TOPS University curriculum
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Be in 11th or 12th grade
- Have an ACT or Pre-ACT composite score of 19 or greater
Please note that if the ACT is taken in the 10th grade or higher grade, the ACT scores MUST be used for eligibility.ACT/PLAN Scores Needed to Enroll in Specific CoursesEnglish
English Score: 18ChemistryComposite: 19Math Score: 19MathComposite: 19Math Score:19SpanishComposite: 19Math Score: 19 or English Score: 19Tuition & Additional Costs
Additional information can be found at http://www.selu.edu/future_students/dual_enrollment/index.html.
- Textbooks are supplied at no cost to the high schools for dual enrollment courses. Damaged or non-returned books will be charged to the school at the full retail price.
- Students taking math will be required to pay $15-20 for MathXL.
- All courses will be charged tuition at the discounted rate of $185 per 3 credit hours. The discounted tuition is NOT refundable should a student withdraw from a course.