Screencasting is a concept that can be used by both teachers and students to capture images, action, and narration on a computer or device. Screencasts can be made with many tools and are often used to create lesson tutorials, or showcase student content mastery.
The most popular way in which screencasting is used in the classroom is the creation of tutorials. Teachers can model the steps of solving an equation, make notations on top of a map, or demonstrate the steps of the water cycle in an animated slideshow.
Students can view screencast lessons created by their teacher as a way to learn new concepts, or review missed work.
Most screencasts are saved to the web, so they can easily be accessed at home on any device. This supports the theory of the "Flipped Classroom." Students learn and practice concepts at home prior to coming to class. By doing this, time can be spent on the application of the concetps, rather than the teaching of new skills.
Students enjoying creating sceencasts as well. The easy-to-use dashboard of most programs allows for even the youngest of learners to record thier thoughts and explain their reasoning. This helps a student to "talk out" ideas, which works to make concepts more concrete. It is also a great way for teachers to access for understaning and mastery of skills.
Our Focus Tool for this class will be the Online Screencasting wonder that is called Educreations.Educreations is available in the app store as a free download. It is also available online at www.educreations.com.Educreations is a unique interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool that's simple, powerful, and fun to use. Annotate, animate, and narrate nearly any type of content as you explain any concept. Teachers can create short instructional videos and share them instantly with students, or ask students to show what they know and help friends learn something new.
INSTRUCTION THAT'S READY WHENEVER YOU ARE
Finished lessons are stored securely in your online Educreations account, so they're available whenever and wherever you need them. You control who sees what. Even if something happens to your iPad, all of your videos are safe.
DESIGNED FOR THE DIGITAL CLASSROOM
Create classes that students can join right within the app. Lessons sync automatically between teacher and student iPads, so it's easy for students to access teacher instruction and for teachers to monitor student work. Students without iPads can access classes and lessons on the Educreations website.
Lessons can also be shared via link, email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, or by embedding them on your blog or website. Upgrade to Pro to export your videos to the Camera Roll, open them in other apps, and use them in other video projects.
SUPPORT AND ENGAGE STUDENTS
• Offer students additional instruction outside the classroom
• Enable students to control the pace of their learning
• Provide rich audio/video feedback on student work
• Gain deep insights into student comprehension
• Free up class time for hands-on learning and projects
• Tutor someone remotely
INCREDIBLE FREE FEATURES
• Record and replay your voice, handwriting, and drawings
• Snap a photo or import images from Photos, Dropbox, Google Drive, or the Web
• Add typed text in a variety of colors and sizes
• Draw on top of everything with brilliant colors of beautifully rendered digital ink
• Animate images and text by tapping and dragging while recording
• Scroll pages up or down when you need extra space
• Save a draft of your work and finish it later
• Store your lessons securely in the cloud and control who can see what
• Create and manage classes that students can join
• Share your lessons with your classes, or via link, email, Messages, Facebook, or Twitter
• Embed your lessons on your blog or website
EVEN MORE WITH PRO
• Export videos to the Camera Roll or open in other apps
• Import documents, presentations, webpages, and custom maps
• Whiteboard pointer tool (additional Pro tools coming soon)
• Save unlimited drafts so you can work on multiple projects at once
• 5GB of cloud storage, enough to store over 150 hours of lessons
• Share Pro benefits with your entire class (up to 40 students)Educreations Classroom Ideas: