Dual Enrollment Program
Student Eligibility Framework
Southeastern Louisiana University, in partnership with local high schools, is pleased to offer qualified students an opportunity to enroll in
college courses while still attending high school. All courses are taught on the participating high school campus, by high school teachers
that have partnered with Southeastern Louisiana University faculty. Students earn both high school and college credit for the courses in
this program with grades appearing on both high school and college permanent transcripts. Dual Enrollment students are admitted to
Southeastern as visiting students and have access to Moodle, Gmail and the University Library (on-line). In order for students to enroll in
Dual Enrollment courses, they must meet the eligibility requirements below and complete a Dual Enrollment application. Please note that
high school students can earn a maximum of 27 credits from Southeastern while participating in the Dual Enrollment Program.
Criteria to Enroll in Southeastern Dual Enrollment Courses
- Be on track to complete the Louisiana Core 4 curriculum
- Be in 11th or 12th grade
- Have an ACT or PLAN composite score of 18 or greater
ACT/PLAN Scores Needed to Enroll in Specific Courses
English Score: 18
English Score: 18
Math Score: 19
Math Score: 19 or English Score: 18
Tuition & Additional Costs
- Textbooks are supplied at no cost to the high schools for dual enrollment courses. Damaged or non-returned books will be charged to the school at the full retail price.
- Many courses require the use of a 3rd party computer program. Prices vary from $15-$30 with this cost being the responsibility of the student.
- All courses will be charged tuition at the discounted rate of $150 per 3 credit hours. The discounted tuition is NOT refundable should a student withdraw from a course.
Additional information can be found at http://www.selu.edu/future_students/dual_enrollment/index.html.