Plagiarism Detector Tools for Teachers
Plagiarism detection is the process of locating instances of plagiarism within a work or document. The widespread use of computers and the advent of the Internet has made it easier to plagiarize the work of others. Most cases of plagiarism are found in academia, where documents are typically essays or reports. However, plagiarism can be found in virtually any field, including scientific papers, art designs, and source code.
Computer-assisted detection allows vast collections of documents to be compared to each other, making successful detection much more likely.
- Plagium - Plagium is a cool plagirism detection tool. Just paste in the original portion of text ( shoulnd't be more than 250 characters) and hit "search". You can also check URLs and files but you will have to sign up with them. The service is free of charge.
- Turnitin - This is another great tool for detecting plagiarism in your students work. You can check papers against 24+ billion web pages, 300+ million student papers and 110,000+ publications.
- Dupli Checker - With you Dupli Checker you only have to copy paste, or upload your content file containing essay, thesis, website content or articles, and click ‘search’, and you get the analysis reports within seconds. Each sentence is dissected, and all the source websites from where the content was copied are displayed.
- Plagiarisma.net - Plagiarisma has a search box as well as a software download available for Windows. Users can also search for entire URLs and files in HTML, DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, ODT and PDF formats.
- Top 10 Free Plagiarism Tools