NIET\TAP Implementing Instruction Rubric
- Teacher questions are varied and high quality providing for some, but not all, question types:
- knowledge and comprehension,
- application and analysis, and
- creation and evaluation.
- Questions are usually purposeful and coherent.
- A moderate frequency of questions asked.
- Questions are sometimes sequenced with attention to the instructional goals.
- Questions sometimes require active responses (e.g., whole class signaling, choral responses, or group and individual answers).
- Wait time is sometimes provided.
- The teacher call on volunteers and non-volunteers, and a balance of students based on ability and sex.