· Teacher questions are varied and high quality providing for some, but not all, question types:
1. knowledge and comprehension,
2. application and analysis, and
3. creation and evaluation.
· Questions are usually purposeful and coherent.
· A moderate frequency of questions asked.
· Questions are sometimes sequenced with attention to the instructional goals.
· Questions sometimes require active responses (e.g., whole class signaling, choral responses, or group and individual answers).
· Wait time is sometimes provided.
· The teacher calls on volunteers and non-volunteers, and a balance of students based on ability and sex.