Electronic Chalkboard is running with information for Day 3 Morning ActivitiesMorning Routines and Procedures:
Daily Journal writing and sharing
Question of the Day
This Year in HistoryTPSS Blackboard - High School TangiTech
In the article you read for homework last night “How to Apply Ed Tech Teaching for Common Core Standards” what points were made that you feel are important to you and your students in your classroom?Day Three Journal:
How has your view of technology integration in the classroom changed since Day One of TangiTech? What might the "steps" to planning for technology integration be?
Journal Writing in Penzu.Question of the Day:
In August, 1901, oil was discovered for the first time in Louisiana. Where in Louisiana was the discovery made?This Year In History:
Using all four digits of the given year and any combination of mathematical operations, you are to build a mathematical expression whose value is a whole number between 1 and 100, inclusive.
Common Core Mathmatical Standards"Wetlands Math TCLP"A-Google-A-Day:
Google Scholar: Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations. Google Scholar helps you identify the most relevant research across the world of scholarly research.
Google Educator: Here, you’ll find a teacher’s guide to Google Tools for Your Classroom. And to spark your imagination, you'll find examples of innovative ways that other educators are using these tools in the classroom..Common Core Anchor Standards for Writing
Research to Build and Present Knowledge
7. Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
8. Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
9. Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.LearnZillion offers a free and growing set of Math and ELA resources for grades 2 – 12 that have been developed by expert teachers directly from the Common Core State StandardsA picture is worth a thousand words. Explain yourself through images. Participants will collect facts about a topic from their content area using online resources to design a poster using Glogster EDU. Use the tools from Glogster EDU to include facts, images, hyperlinks, and video clips about your topic.Common Core StandardsWritingProduction and Distributing of Writing6. Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products, taking advantage of technology’s capacity to link to other information and to display information flexibly and dynamically.Research to Build and Present Knowledge8. Gather relevant information from multiple authoritative print and digital sources, using advanced searches effectively; assess the usefulness of each source in answering the research question; integrate information into the text selectively to maintain the flow of ideas, avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation.Speaking and ListeningPresentation of Knowledge and IdeasiPad Activity: Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets. Teachers login through their device and select an activity which controls the flow of questions and games. Students simply login with their device and interact real time with the content. Student responses are visually represented for multiple choice, true/false and Short Answer questions. For pre-planned activities a teacher can view reports online as a google spreadsheet or as an emailed Excel file.Common Core Standards
Writing StandardProduction and Distributing of Writing
6. Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products, taking advantage of technology’s capacity to link to other information and to display information flexibly and dynamically.Create a Looping PowerPoint "All About Me"
PowerPoint can be used for many things in their classroom and can easily be integrated into all subject areas. Looping PowerPoint presentations are great techniques for visual posting in the classroom.All About Me PowerPoint Template (PowerPoint)Save a copy of your file (ex. AllAboutMeAArd) and upload to http://www.dropitto.me/TTHS.Common Core StandardsSpeaking and ListeningPresentation of Knowledge and Ideas
5. Make strategic use of digital media (e.g., textual, graphical, audio, visual, and interactive elements) in presentations to enhance understanding of findings, reasoning, and evidence and to add interest.Housekeeping
Make sure one copy of all work is uploaded to our shared DROPitTOme box and you have checked off completed activities on the clipboard. Collect supplies, and bring computers back to desktops.