Magnet applications are available for the 2021-22 school yearApril 1st - June 1st, 2021.Please read carefully before applying:
Do NOT apply if:
Important information you should know:
- You already live in the school zone of the magnet school you wish to attend (grades K-12).
- You are already an accepted magnet student at the school and you wish to remain.
- ALL PRE-K applicants must apply online regardless of the school zone you live in. You will also need to complete Pre-K enrollment at the school you are zoned to in case you are not selected at the magnet school you apply to.
- ALL PRE-K applicants will be selected at a later date following the notification date.
- All students will be notified by mail of their selection in July.
- If your child desegregates the school, or is the sibling of a current magnet student, your child will receive a priority. Indicate this on the application.
- All applicants are randomly selected based on the number of openings in each grade level at each school.
- Late applicants - if you miss the application deadline, you may apply as a late applicant at the school of your choice through the summer (exception PDP/DP programme). You will only be accepted if there is no waiting list and a seat is available at the grade level.
- An election by a magnet transfer student to return to his/her attendance zone school maybe exercised at the commencement of the school year or at the beginning of the second semester of the school year.