Alma MimsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org GradeEnglish Language ArtsRoom Number: 108Conferences Available by Appointment.WELCOME to the 2018-2019 school year! My name is Ms. Mims and I am delighted to have your child in 6th grade. I look forward to teaching your child this year. I will do all that I can to make this a fantastic and memorable year, as well as a year full of learning.
Some things you should know for your 6th grader:
· Test/quizzes: will be given throughout the week, not necessarily on Friday.
· Discipline management: Please discuss any inappropriate or negative behavior with your student. Students are encouraged to earn TOR Bucks in the classroom or any other location on the school campus. They will be able to use TOR Bucks to purchase items in the TOR buck store. Negative behavior will be addressed as it occurs. Please discuss the importance of obeying rules with your student.
· Grading Scale: Tangipahoa Parish School System grading scale is as follows:
· A= 93%-100%
· B= 85%-92%
· C= 75%-84%
· D= 67%-74%
· F= 0%-66%
· Homework: Your student will have homework daily. Homework is a reinforcement of what your student learned in class. Students are encouraged to read and study nightly.
· Conferences will be scheduled as needed, however feel free to contact me and address any concerns you may have for your student.
* Keep hands, feet, and all objects to yourself
* Raise hand to speak
* Stay in your assigned area
* Follow teacher directions
* Keep all unkind comments or remarks to yourself
I feel confident that this will be a successful year for your child, and with your help I am certain by the end of the year your student will be ready for Middle School. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at school 985-345-2654 or email email@example.com. I look forward to a great year as we Soar to Success, Becoming the Best of the best!!
All students of Greenville Park Leadership School will attain the knowledge and skills needed to become productive citizens of our school, community, state and nation. GPLA is where every student succeeds!