Attention: No spiral notebooks or book sacks are needed. There are no lockers. Students will use a zippered binder only.
1. Large, zippered 3-Ring Binder (Trapper Keeper Style - well-made to last the entire year)
2. Loose-leaf paper – wide ruled (Students will need lots of this; consider buying extra to last throughout the year)
3. Pack of dividers for binder (Label them - Math, Science, Language, History, Reading, & Spelling
4. 2 - One Subject Notebooks for journaling (Reading & Science)
5. Either - Mechanical pencils with #2 lead or regular #2 pencils (Students will need extra lead/regular pencils as the year progresses.)
6. 1 small pencil sharpener (one that catches shavings) if you do not use mechanical pencils (There are no pencil sharpeners in the classrooms.)
7. Blue or Black pens (This will be the only color allowed for assignments.)
8. 1 8-pack of colored pencils or markers AND 1 pack of Crayola colors
9. 2 - zippered pencil cases that clip into binder (1 for #2 pencils & 1 for colored pencils/markers and colors)
The following items will be collected by the teacher at the beginning of the year and stored. They will be distributed as needed.
10. 2 red ink pens and 2 highlighters (any color)
11. 2 – 3 prong pocket folders (any color –just make sure they have prongs!)
12. 2 boxes of Kleenex and 2 rolls of paper towels (solid white if possible)
ABSOLUTELY no toys, gel pens or white-out allowed. If students bring these items to school, they will be confiscated and thrown away.
Dress Code: We will strictly adhere to the TPSS dress code policy. Please make sure that you are purchasing the correct style and color of uniform clothes. Also, the ONLY outerwear that a student may wear inside the classroom is stipulated in the TPSS dress code policy. It can be a sweatshirt, windbreaker, or sweater, but it must be meet the requirements stipulated in the dress code. NO OTHER OUTERWEAR MAY BE WORN INSIDE BY STUDENTS. Please check the parish website (www.tangischools.org) for a copy of the uniform policy before purchasing uniforms.
Fees For All Students: Due before Labor Day
Homeroom Fee $8
Science Fee $5
Math Fee $5
PE Uniform $15
Social Studies Fee $5
Weekly Reader Fee $5
Optional Fees: 4-H Club $12
For all classes:
1. Mechanical pencils with #2 lead. (Please note that most classrooms do not have pencil sharpeners. If you choose to buy regular pencils, please purchase a small pencil sharpener as well.
2. Black or blue pens only. NO odd colored pens please!
3. Large zippered 3 ring binder.
4. Loose-leaf paper. (Consider buying extra to last throughout the year.)
5. 2 zippered pencil cases that clip into the 3 ring binder.
6. Six dividers (Label as follows: math, science, ELA, history, reading, and assignments/grades.)
7. Reinforcement tabs
8. 2 bold black dry erase markers (low odor preferred) Label with your name.
9. An old wash cloth or sock to use as an eraser for dry erase boards.
10. One box of Kleenex for your homeroom.
11. Colored pencils
12. 1 highlighter
13. 1 8-pack colored pencils or crayons for map work. These will be used for math and science as well.
14. 200 3”X5” ruled index cards (color, if possible)
15. 200 colored index cards
English Language Arts (ELA)
16. 1 three-prong pocket folder
17. Boys: one yellow highlighter for class set Girls: red checking pen for class set
18. $5 math fee
19. 200- 3” X 5” WHITE ruled index cards (lines on one side)
20. Red ink pen
21. 1 pack of clear sheet protectors
22. Post-it note pad
1 pack 3 X 5 index cards
1 pack construction paper
PE: $15 fee for PE uniforms to be ordered through the school if you need to order new ones..
Homeroom fee: $8.00
NOTE: No book sacks are allowed.
1. Fees: Homeroom fee- $8.00
Math fee- $5.00
Science fee- $5.00
P.E. uniform- $15.00
Total fees to homeroom teacher: $33.00
2. Mechanical pencils #2 lead
3. Black or blue ink pens only
4. 1 pack pencils (Walker, Prine, and Corkern)
5. 1 pack pens (Walker and Corkern)
6. 1 large 3 ring binder (3”)
7. 1 three-hole punch that fits into binder
8. Zippered pencil case that clips into binder
9. Small individual pencil sharpener
10. 5 dividers (one for each subject)
11. Colored highlighters (yellow, blue, etc.)
12. Colored pencils
13. Colored markers
14. Loose-leaf REGULAR ruled paper (no college rule)
15. 1 box Kleenex for homeroom teacher
1 roll of paper towels for homeroom teacher
16. 1 journal composition book (black & white spotted) Prine
17. 1 pack of index cards (Walker)
18. 3 EXPO markers - dry erase (Walker, McDaniel, and Corkern)
19. 1 pack of post it notes (Walker)
20. 2 purple 3-prong pocket folders (Corkern/Walker)
21. 1 sheet white poster board (Prine)
NOTICE: No white-out, spiral notebooks, or gel pens are needed or allowed. DO NOT BRING THEM TO SCHOOL!
The student is responsible for maintaining an organized binder with the following supplies:
Zippered pencil case that clips into binder (pencils/pens, sharpener, colored pencils/markers, highlighters)